Monday 22nd March
- One more worker's "accident" on the altar of capital in Alikarnassos town. A builder from Albania lost his life because of electric shock caused by electricity wires ...
- Refugees from Sudan demonstrated in the city of Patras condemning the heavy repression from cops, the pogroms and the arrests against them. The refugees live in tent cities at the port of Patras waiting to have the "magic ticket" for the western world and sail to Italy and later to Europe. The cops do not hesitate to welcome them with murdering, torturing, beating them up and burn their huts.
- Mr Dimitris Reppas, minister of public transferring structures, was blocked by protesters to visit Kasteli on Crete island and make a speech about an airport he wants to build in the area. The citizens condemn that the airport will destroy the natural environment of the area and that a lot of black money will be "washed" in the name of profit for off shore companies. The minister had to cancel his speech.
- Conspiracy of Cells of the Fire urban guerrilla organization published a communique claiming responsibility for 3 bomb attacks (headquarters of Golden Dawn, Police Directorship for Immigrants and the vice-president of the Greek-Pakistani Union). The Golden Dawn's nazi offices were totally destroyed, the Police Directorship for Immigrants is a prison where the prisoners live under inhuman conditions, tortured and many times murdered by the guards and the vice-president of the Greek-Pakistani Union did not react in the past for the kidnappings of some Pakistani people by Greek authorities. In the kidnappings was also involved a British diplomat named N. Langman, but he was not called by the court to state because of his diplomatic asylum.
- One more prisoner, named V.P., heavily beaten up by prison guards in the jailhouse of Patras after he denied to become an informer for the cops.
Tuesday 23rd March
- Demonstration in several towns (Athens, Thessaloniki, Irakleio, Volos, Ioannina, Xanthi) around Greece against the government's and EU's economical measures.
- Gathering of anarchists, anti-authoritarians, anti-racists and anti-fascist on Amerikis square at Athens in solidarity with immigrants and refugees.
- One more worker, Julian Bache 31 years old, lost his life after a working "accident" in a construction company at Aspropyrgos district of west Athens.
- Students' initiative in Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki after the death of one more worker, 58 years old and father of two children, under unspecified situations in the Campus.
- Communique for the destruction of two street cameras in the city of Thessaloniki.
Wednesday 24th March
- Cops entered the tent city of Sudanese refugees in Patras city and arrested 70 persons. Protests took place in front of the local cop station from Common Action of Solidarity organization. The organization has planed for a meeting with the refugees in the tent city for the 25th of March and as it seems the pigs tried to avoid that the living conditions of the refugees would come in public.
- Evacuations of buildings where refugees live inside in the center of Athens still go on by pigs' forces ...
- Today, pupils' parades took place in all the towns around Greece about the revolution of 25th March 1821. In many cities many protesters (unemployed, workers, students, syndicalists, etc.) raised placates against the government's and EU's austerity program. In Athens, the pigs tried to arrest an educator who was taking photographs from the protests.
- Attack with Molotov cocktails to a secial pigs' forces team in the center of Athens. The pigs responded with sound-shine grenades. The districts around the center are under daily pigs' occupation who control people walking on the streets, abusing them and check ID's.
Thursday 25th March
- Initiatives, in many towns around Greece during the central parades for the 25th March 1821 anniversary, against the reminding of military images parades and against the austerity measures of the Greek government and EU. In many cases the out-parliamentary organizations, syndicalists, workers, unemployed etc. clashed with the special pigs' forces who tried to block them from protesting.
- Errikos R., 22 years old, was arrested by anti-"terrorist" pigs' authorities in the town of Volos. Errikos is blamed by the authorities for participating in Conspiracy of Cells of the Fire urban guerrilla organization, because of a finger print of him which was found in the toilet of the "hide-out" house in Chalandri district of Athens. The anti-"terrorist" team has entered the house before several months, arrested and jailed many people who were inside or had relationships with the owner of the house and blamed them as "terrorists" of the certain organization. The evidences that were found inside the house were political prints, items for daily use of any common household, but nothing like a bomb mechanism or anything else "illegal". In the months that followed the pigs' attack against the house that renamed into "terrorists' hide-out" many people have been pre-jailed and accused as members of the organization because of fingerprints of them that were found on items that were inside the so-called "hide-out". This time, the pigs went one step further and published photographs of the arrested Errikos, asking information from citizens about him. (watch older updates about the case)
- 25 persons with hammers attacked to the offices of Public Electricity Company smashed the front glasses and threw colour-bombs, condemning the company for the high prices of energy and the hundreds of injured or dead workers.
Friday 26th March
- Gathering of syndicalists from Cooks - Waiters Syndicate and other people in front of Via Vai Cafe at the center of Athens in solidarity with Carmen, worker in the certain cafe who was dismissed from her job and asked for her right to have the dismissal money. The response of the boss was to show her his gun and threaten her. He also sent his body guards, who heavily beat her up and left her in the middle of the street without her senses. More than 5,000 leaflets were spread around, the boss had to hide himself in the basement and the Cafe remained closed and sprayed on its front-glasses.
- Eleftherotypia newspaper published a video from the 25th March army parade, where the Team for Underwater Destructions was shouting racistic slogans. The site of the newspaper got under dos attack from Web War 2 fascistic site.
Saturday 27th March
- Since yesterday a revolt takes place in the jailhouse of Nafplio town. The prisoners revolted against the jailing conditions, also many of them got injured by the guards.
- Explosion of looting mechanism at the offices of PASOK ("socialistic" party on government) at Aigaleo district of Athens.
- The kidnappings of anarchists by pigs' authorities still go on. The anarchist Giorgos Kalaitzidis stated at Eleftherotypia newspaper an event when pigs stopped him in the center of Athens, checked his clothes and private stuff, put him in a civil car with handcuffs and driven him to the central pigs' station of Athens. On the road, one of the pigs spoke with his mobile phone with a head pig from the central offices and asked "shall I bring him there or not?". The response from the head pig was negative and the cops let the comrade out of the car in another district of the town. Giorgos was under the eye of pigs' authorities before four years ...
- Part from Savvas Xiros' book about the repression methods with psycho drugs in the jailhouses. Savvas is imprisoned in Korydallos jailhouse:
Massive Administration of Substances in Greek prisons
In my new book, extracts of which follow, an outline of the drug command of all prisoners in Greek prisons by cognitive degrading is attempted. My experience I have gained from psychotropic substance administration has proven useful for the writing of this book - "with rape and rape of will" - throughout my 65 day accommodation in the intensive care unit, where modern and not only questioning methods were applied. The experience of other drug substances I was given from the 13 surgeons I've been submitted to after the explosion in my own hands in 2002, since today also helped my writing.
The purpose of this book is the transmission of my personal experience to the rest of prisoners, hoping it will become the rise for discussion or even for thought and reflection to the matter of psychotropic substances in prisons and mainly for the increasing occurrence this reality has taken on.
At this very moment psychotropic substance administration tends to be established as the main method of keeping prisoners docile, according to the overseas morality and economic perceptions under which medical science is also instructed. The alibi of such practice is hidden behind the general fictional belief that substance use is one of the prisoner's main characteristic that stems from their personal will and only this. This argument is ignoring a basic parameter that the will of prisoners is blackmailed everyday and in many ways from a prison system whose main pursuit is the attenuation of personality and the configuration of character according to the established standards of prison. By the specific standards the ideal prisoner is the one with fewer demands and less demands is a vapid and so willing prisoner.
The perpetuation of this morbid situation contributed to the subconscious prevailing perception on prison, not only for deprivation or freedom- as its predetermined and remains in paperwork- but of a prison hell, where the harder and more inhumane the living is, the more deterrent will effectively function against the prospective infringer. One understanding of the exemplary and representative predatory punishment for knowledge and compliance of the rest, logic that is not confessed though, submitted silently to the society in order to have tolerance or at the most, mediocre reactions such as the one presented here.
In a realistic look the way of design and function of modern prisons in developed countries, effortlessly produces the conclusion that they are impossible to exist in this specific form without psychotropic administration. Not the limited area legal-clear and necessary, but the illegal-implicit and mass administration, a practise that is cornerstone of the modern prison structure.
Therefore there is ground, there is a possibility and mostly a very serious reason to hit in every way this powerful yet so sensitive point of the system.
As is seen from a number of observations, in prisons, apart from the preventative drug scheme, imposed via psycho tropics is a mild general repression in calm periods, that magnifies itself in suspicion of revolts and in any "temporary need" as it happened during the period of political trials. This specific way of thinking is imprinted in the kept archives of the surgery of judicial prisons of Koridalos. In these books, at the beginning of autumn 2004 there were approximately 750 prisoners with psychotropic treatment .in a period of one month, during the hunger strike of political prisoners against prison conditions, the number of those almost tripled to a total of about 2500, "patients" suddenly climbed from one in five to one in two. No epidemiological or other study can justify such a flare of psychopathies in such a short period - what was this shocking factor? - but only the unscrupulous biochemical repression in order to avoid these kind of issues. Most substances are undeclared and massively distributed through nutrition and in water. In a test run, after evaporating 4.5 litres of water in low temperature (using radiator heat) an important quantity of viscous brown/yellow fluid that vented an odour somewhere between varnish and unused plastic, e.g. cellophane [.] Active substances, like minor or major tranquilisers, granted with "good" foods , regularly or occasionally with added tempting dishes in periods where increased suppression is demanded. This was found when a cat became lethargic after consumption of Sunday lunch. On shifter her she continued sleeping with no response, while the same happened again at different times with different cats. "The substances granted with bread have been certified by the behaviour of pigeons. Grated bread is frequently placed in the courtyard of the wing for the birds. Pigeons who come down full of vitality, after eating the bread seem like dizzy chicken, while they give great effort to fly, they only hit into the walls and the fences because this specific substance brings about Mydriasis (excessive dilation of the pupil). An everyday feature of the area inside and around, within and outside Korydallos prisons is the collection of prison corpses from both prisoners and residents" . The invisible administration of substances is also confirmed and is noted that prisoners do not get ill catching colds or other common illnesses that affect the rest of the population but from polypharmacy syndrome, including hyper liver (hepatitis pharmaceutical), sub function of kidneys, rare disease and infections, skin diseases, allergies and heart attacks or strokes. [..] The massive and prolonged administration of those substances because of the permanent and internal swelling results in the affection of the noble organs, lungs, heart, brain etc, while the cardiovascular disorders they bring about are responsible for the more than usual numbers of strokes and heart attacks that happen in prisons".
The prolonged administration of substances to healthy and unhealthy persons, and the absence for the latter of personalised and coordinated/ routined and quantified dosages contributes to the appearance of rashes, skin diseases or other apparently unjustified symptoms. Then from the prison an effort is routed towards the administration of pharmaceutical substances whilst theoretically from the willing subject. "particularly contributing to this fact is the treatment of the medical service and especially from the neurological and psychiatric domain, and if a new prisoner during the beginning of the first signs and symptoms visit's the surgery of the prison, this is recorded, and what follows as a diagnosis is the permanent manipulation of the psyche, where if he submits he enters into an addiction programme. So by voluntary reception of even the mild sedatives, the prison will renounce any responsibility even in case of death (e.g. overdose, suction, sedatives, pulmonary swelling etc)". One in three of about 13000 prisoners in Greek prisons are convicted for infringement of the drug law. "The drug using prisoners, especially the addicted ones, who don't correspond to the above percentage, are the absolute alibi of the prisons for the deaths from pharmaceutical substance overdose. In their majority they are victims, and because on an probable use of drugs inside the prison, their toxicity will be counted alongside with this of the unknown substances and the substances prisoners were administrated in ignorance.
Enlistment of Science
As for the central nervous system and cognitive function, the main pursuit of the last is the discount and slowness of cognitive reactions that has as a first visible consequence "difficulty in concentration and decision making". For the disguise and legalisation of the biochemical suppression, known individual syndromes of the psychiatric sciences are enlisted that are arbitrarily generalised or even reversed. An expert psychiatrist in his testimony in the court states, "this of course is excused absolutely by the fact that (the writer) is a prisoner. At least half of the prisoners have those symptoms". (Remarkable is the cynicism with which psychiatry and pharmacology are used by the system, in a way that known/existed syndromes are extended and enforced in a number of more than 6500 prisoners who have no possibility of any defence themselves. Even if some have alleged that this is happening independently from psycho tropics administration or not, the truth is material conditions of the prisons, besides the mass rage, do not justify a diversion of such direction and extent. Therefore a prejudice perception is imposed on the outsider for the totality of prisoners, under the light of which is considered, on one hand normal what a prisoner is obliged to be or endure without protest and on the other hand what is considered as a fact a low education and an inability that automatically and without question classifies him with the failed and scum of society.
Psycho tropic Affects
For a visitor, who will judge the behaviour of the prisoners out of the dominating prejudices, the suppression of cognition becomes clear and is generally manifested in common features such as resignation image (indifference and procrastination), loud talks (epidermal subjects, no awareness reality), lateness in walking and in reactions (reduced reflexes) and in interviews, having demands and questions of tertiary or low importance and everyday problems (incapability of assessing priorities)". Among the impacts in the CNS is observed a decrease in critical understanding and creative thinking. In the extreme manifestation of the symptom, the mind works only in basic relay with the facts of the permanent memory, while every possible initiative is dominated by insecurity. Then, for every decision, either a "consultant" or too much time is required or else intuition is used. In this last case, for any objection there is inability to find arguments- creative thinking- a cause that leads to irritability and reactions full of rage, which feed and are also fed by the ego of an unknown fictional self.
The downgrade of the judgemental perception and the weakness of concentration, in accordance of the weakening of direct and recent memory, leads to discomfort and impatience during conversations in matters where initiative or decision is required and constant interruptions in communication in order to not loose the argument from the memory, resulting in irritability, miscommunication and misunderstanding, since in this case everybody hears only their own voice. Those symptoms are not manifested in compatible and established issues (such as football or any kind of standard dialogue), that require creative thinking, thus limiting the subject of conversations, resulting in the showing of a premeditated, modern, invisible isolation [.].
The specific bastard mental state and the awareness of real opportunities-weaknesses, leads to heated wreck less decisions that bind future choices in the name of a superficial seriousness.
The appeal of such decisions after the understanding of their consequences - a slow procedure - is now dependant upon the size of the ego.
The above method absolutely responds to the logic of the inspirers of modern prisons and white cell instigators in the insane logic of the sneaky vindictiveness- with always a humanitarian cover- and also the outrageous exploitation of the consequences of the method, when they are presented either as known syndromes , transporting the responsibility to the victim, either interpreted with psychiatric terms- physiognomist grace- as it happened in Germany with U. Meinhof when it was found that she had a tumour in the brain- considering delinquency as an innate capacity of every prisoner and so every prisoner is dominated by lower instincts and is rightly cut off with biochemical means from reality or deprived of any activity and the state rightly consider them lesser beings. A logic that ends in the prevailing prejudice perception projected onto anyone and for any reason who passes the gate of prison captivity, perception that asserts itself one way or another onto society as well.
1st May 2009
Free Savvas Xiros blog-spot: http://freesavvasxiros.webs.com/english.htm